[Uml-devel] Codegeneration patch.. updated

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Aug 27 10:41:08 UTC 2003

Brian Thomas <brian.thomas at gsfc.nasa.gov> [030826 18:34]:
> On Tuesday 26 August 2003 12:09 pm, you wrote:
> > I think I will try to catch the guy who is working on this and show him
> > your patched Umbrello version. He might tell me if it is possible to do the
> > same with Kate.

I've talked to Anders Lund, who is one of the 3 main developers. He said
that at the moment it can't be done. But it should be easy to add, you only
need to write a plugin for the katepart in kdelibs. The upcoming KDevelop
ist already using kate to hold information about breakpoints and bookmarks.
It should also be possible to mark lines as not editable. So if you find the
time I think this would be the way to go.

If you like to do so, subscribe to the mailing list and I'm sure they will
help you setting the whole thing up! So see kate.kde.org

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde