[Uml-devel] Codegeneration patch.. updated

Brian Thomas brian.thomas at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 26 09:17:44 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 12:09 pm, you wrote:
> No I haven't. But I looked at Jonathan's laptop. He managed to compile it
> and it really looks very very sexy! I really like it. I was wondering if
> you could maybe use some of the standard KDE editors like Kate and not
> reinvent the wheel again.

	Sure, I would like to use Kate, but I wanted to do something fairly simple
	and quick so I could illustrate what this hack is good for. I can tell you that
	I certainly dont like the QTextEdit widget, and if there was something more
	powerfull, I'd use it.  My only reservations about using Kate are the following:

	1. Need to be able to make Qt callbacks with it (e.g. connections)

	2. Need to be able to 'click' for popup editors in appropriate places rather
	than allowing the user to simply edit the code (I dont want to implement a
	round trip solution at this time.. perhaps in 2004).

	I guess I see Kate as a direction to go in after this code is stabilized.

				-b.t.