[Uml-devel] what happened to umbrello2?

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Mon Aug 25 20:20:57 UTC 2003

Andrew Sutton <asutton at cs.kent.edu> [030823 23:21]:
> so, i thought i'd write in and let everybody know what happened to my work
> and where its going. my masters thesis is essentially the creation of a
> uml api and the implementation of a layout algorithm for class diagrams.
> so, i'm taking the lessons that i learned writing the original u2 object
> model and creating a "mostly" platform/application independant uml api
> that fully supports the mof-1.4 and uml-1.4 standard object models.
> moreover, i expect to implement the reflective interfaces for these
> objects and build an standards compliant xmi parser/writer for said
> metamodels.

Just to check if I understood you write, does it mean that the current code
in SF CVS will be thrown away? Maybe you can explain your idea a little bit
more in detail... How, for example, should your work plugged into Umbrello?

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde