[Uml-devel] Codegeneration patch.. updated

Brian Thomas brian.thomas at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 25 15:03:12 UTC 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 02:33 pm, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Brian Thomas <thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov> [030825 09:58]:
> > 	Ok, I've updated my codegeneration patch. For whatever reason, the
> > 	-N flag just doesnt work with the diff utility inside my version of cvs.
> > 	If I just diff between a vanilla version of umbrello, and my patched
> > version, I can make a patch file.
>
> Ah I think it works. Because if I look at a line of your patch, you can see
> it:
>
> diff -urN kdesdk/umbrello/codegeneratorfactory.cpp ....
>      ^^^^

	Well, I didnt do a "cvs diff -uRN", I had to checkout umbrello in a separate
	directory and then use my native diff utility to do it.

> But I've several problems applying your patch. After patching I've a lot of
> files like:
>

> -rw-r--r--    1 sstein   users       63295 Aug 25 20:07 .#umldoc.cpp.1.48
> -rw-r--r--    1 sstein   users       20947 Aug 25 20:07 .#umldoc.h.1.22

	Hmm. I have no idea what these files are, but apparently the 'dist clean'
	didnt get them.

> Well, there are a lot more, I have about 65 of them.
>
> I tried to compile it. First you are using iostream. In the current gcc 3.2
> the usage of iostream changed a little bit. But this only produces warnings
> like:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/backward/iostream.h:31, from
> umlroledialog.cpp:10:
> /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2:

	Yeah, Im using iostream to debug the code because my KDE libs (via RH9.0)
	arent compiled with --enable-debug so I dont get debugging output from
	kdebug(). I think you can ignore this for the time being, I have no intention of
	leaving it in if/when I check this code into umbrello.

> Well, this isn't really a problem, but the app doesn't compile. It can't
> find KFontChooser class:

	I think this is because I used the kde designer, and it (at least my version)
	doesnt have this critical class in it. Designer *does* allow you define 'custom'
	widgets, so thats what I did with the KFontChooser. The problem is that the
	header file isnt properly specified, and codevieweroptionsbase.cpp needs to
	be modified. Change the following line:

#include </usr/include/kde/kfontdialog.h>

	to:

#include <kfontdialog.h>

	And I think you should get a compile.

> Ok, hope you can fix this stuff.

	Try that stuff out and let me know if you have any other problems.

			-b.t.