[Uml-devel] Code generation XMI file, patch and more

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 4 10:18:03 UTC 2003

	Hi all,

	Im not sure why the old XMI file isnt loading, perhaps too many changes to Umbrello?
	I tend to use an older version of umbrello 1.2 to create/maintain my XMI files. Nevertheless,
	I have prepared a summary web page of my effort at :

	http://nvo.gsfc.nasa.gov/Umbrello

	At this site you will find the latest XMI file, a patch file which has my current code, and png
	images of the UML class diagrams in the XMI file (in case you cant load it). Jonathan, can
	you update my XMI file on the umbrello page (and whatever else you want to put there).
	I dont expect to maintain the code generation page I put together for any length of time.

	As far as current progress, I have implemented and tested out the basic model focusing on
	the Java code generation. Also, I have put in some minimal hooks/views between the generated
	code model and the main gui (check out the 'settings' dialog for code generation and also
	a right click on any class, then choose 'view code'). I expect to still do the following:

	implement most of the other code generator langauges ( I will probably need help with some
	of the more 'exotic' ones like the python and ada generators), improve the gui interaction
	(being able to hack in the body of operations needs to be done as well as class-by-class control
	of code generation parameters) and, perhaps most importantly, fix up saving/loading of the
	code generation parameters in the XMI file (suggestions on how to do this are _very_ welcome).

	Of course, Im also happy to answer any questions about the model,etc.

				-b.t.

--

operators on strike due to broken coffee machine