[Uml-devel] u2 gets functionality

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Sun Apr 27 10:19:07 UTC 2003

On Sunday 27 April 2003 12:40 pm, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Andrew Sutton <asutton at mcs.kent.edu> [030426 12:25]:
> > feedback?
>
> Hhm, yes, everything builds fine but the plugins are not loaded. When I
> start Umbrello2, I get the following messages on the shell:
> file=/opt/kde/lib/kde3/libu2_metamodeltree.la:
> /opt/kde/lib/kde3/libu2_xmi.so.0: undefined symbol:
> _ZN8Umbrello6Plugin8categoryEv

> Any ideas? Do I have to add something to the umbrello2rc file?

no. i think this is a dependency problem in the build. either libu2_xmi didn't
rebuild or the other plugins didn't re-link libu2_xmi. because i removed the
virtual method call category() on Umbrello::Plugin, i guess the other
libraries still expect it to be there.

at some point, i'm going to have to go through and make sure that all the
dependencies are right in every single Makefile.am. i think that somewhere
something isn't being implicitly linked against libumbrello2 - that's bad.
i'll check it out when i get to campus a little later.

for the time being, a total rebuild will (ouch) solve your problem. the other
possibility would be to try to force the */plugin.cc to rebuild and relink
against all the other libs.

andy