[Uml-devel] Heyas

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Apr 27 05:39:08 UTC 2003

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Nick Bronson wrote:

> Hey guys, i'm new to the list. I downloaded 1.1.1 for use in my project and
> I got to say its pretty good. (Save for the bug which wouldn't let me have
> overloaded operators).
>
> Just thought i'd point out a couple of bugs and make a comment or two ;)
> Hopefully i'll eventually have time to help out on the development once my
> honours thesis is finished.

Best way to get round this is to do a dissertation which /is/ on
developing Umbrello :)

> Firstly, I know the bug I mentioned above has been fixed in ver 1.2, but i
> couldn't track down the actual bug and 1.2 is too unstable to use for me
> (wouldn't even let me save.)

It should certainly let you save.  Can you explain more about what it
won't let you do?

> Plus I found that if you go through and create a bunch of classes and then
> go to document them after the fact, it all works fine except for parameters
> of operations. For some reason, after its initial creation, it wont let you
> change the default value or the documentation of a class-function parameter.

Yes, I think that's know about, although I'm not sure if it's in
bugs.kde.org (you might want to add it if it isn't).

> Finally, do you think an option may be added to 1.2 to allow the code
> generation to ignore aggregations and relationships? I tested out the code
> generator last night and it adds a pointer to a variable wherever I have a
> "contains xxx" type relationship, which would be alright except a) I
> already added that variable in, and b) I wanted it to be a reference, not a
> pointer.
> It's an interesting idea, but if different options for its representation
> aren't possible, could we have a way to turn it off? :)

This is just the sort of thing that hopefully Brian Tomas will be adding.

> Don't mean to sound like i'm winging, it's an excellent program - i've
> found it easier to learn and start producing with it than with Rational
> Rose which I had to learn the year before last.

Cool bananas.