[Uml-devel] codegenerators

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 11 23:17:03 UTC 2003

Jonathan Riddell wrote:

>I'm not convinced at the need for this /within/ Umbrello.  If the file is
>edited outside Umbrello the changes shouldn't be overwritten but I'm not

I think this is the key factor, enabling people to use a cascading way
of designing software. Design with umbrello, generate code, edit it in
you favorite IDE. When some design change is needed, edit it in
Umbrello, re-generate the code with no loss of what the user had edited
in the IDE.
Something along the lines of the diff3 approach should be reasonably
easy and has a great functionality improvement factor.

--pf