[Uml-devel] [CVS] update:

E.L. Willighagen egonw at sci.kun.nl
Tue Sep 24 00:36:02 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 00:08, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > As I said I know too litlle about flex stuff.... but what I do know is
> > Java... I will write a Doclet that will output XMI that can be read with
> > Umbrello... Maybe it can be part of the Umbrello distro...
>
> Sounds fun.  What's a Doclet?

A doclet is a JavaDoc plugin. Normally, JavaDoc generates HTML, but as of Java
1.2 (i think) is supported those plugins to generate other output. Basically,
the JavaDoc program then acts as a parser sending events to the doclet which
returns output based on those events... there are numerous doclet developed,
e.g. for RTF or DocBook output. But also doclets that generate statistics on
the software and on the javadoc documentation...

As such a Doclet can be used to generate XMI as well... I hope to find time
next week...

> The actual class parser code comes from kdevelop.  I don't know if we
> should sync with kdevelop of if their code is made into a library that we
> might be better using.

Yes, that would be something good... I really hate redundancies... ;)

> They also have a java parser which is made from Antlr, might be worth
> looking into.

Yes, someone else also mentioned that... though it sounds like fun, I really
have no time for digging into that (other OS projects to take care of...)

Egon