[Uml-devel] Re: [Uml-user] aggregation / composition

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Fri Sep 20 04:41:02 UTC 2002

> I've removed the restrictions on composition and aggregation.  Are the
> restrictions on implementation/realisation correct?
>   //one connected to widget only (a or b)

just remember that on composition/aggregation relationships, you shouldn't be
able to specify navigability. most of the other tools get this wrong. c/a
defines navigability from the container to the containee. containee's don't
know about the container. if they do, it's another type of relationship.

> And can I have multiple associations of the same type between the same two
> classes?

you should be able to, although i'm not sure what kind of software you're
designing :) just kidding. i can't think of any situations where that would
be useful, but since you can stereotype associations, that functionality
might service the description of different relationships between
objects/classes.

andy