Succesful build on SunOS 5.8 *was: [Uml-devel] compilation problems with version 1.1 beta 1)

E.L. Willighagen egonw at sci.kun.nl
Thu Sep 19 01:33:02 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Thanx to help from others I've now successfully build
Umbrello^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H QML on a Sparc SunOS 5.8
machine.

For those who like to know what I had to do:

0. (Optionally) gmake -f Makefile.cvs

	This is only required if the source tree is taken from CVS instead of
	downloaded and untared.

1. setenv CXX /usr/kde/support/bin/g++

	this is a GNU 2.95.3 compiler

2. configure --prefix=/home/user/kde --with-qt-dir=/vol/kde/qt-3.0.0
--with-extra-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-extra-includes=/usr/local/include
--with-extra-includes=/usr/local/gnu/include

	Note the --with-extra-libs/includes options. SunOS 5.8 itself is lacking
	(at least the installation I use) FlexerSomething.h (which I have in
	/usr/local/gnu/include) and libpng (which I have in /usr/local/lib).

	Moreover, as I am not root, I install in my home dir.

3. gmake

	Make sure to use GNU's make instead of the SunOS make. Though I have
	not tried to latter for Umbrello, it often fails to work.

4. gmake install
5. setenv KDEDIRS="${KDEDIRS}:/home/user/kde"

	Add the dir where Umbrello is installed to the KDEDIRS var, otherwise icons
	and several other resources will not be found and will be missing from the
	interface (e.g. icons in toolbar, but also the splash screen, tips of the
	day....)

6. /home/user/kde/bin/uml

	Have fun!

regards,