[Uml-devel] trying ...

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Sep 18 10:52:02 UTC 2002

> > I've removed the references to libheadings in Makefile.am so this >
> library > is no longer built.  Update your CVS and do a make -f
> Makefile.cvs > et al and see if that helps.
> So I'm working on 1.1.  However, if I run ./configure directly, I get
> configure: creating ./config.status
> Uhh. Malformed pattern in .subs (s, at ACLOCAL@,${SHELL}
> ~/src/uml-1.1/admin) at admin/config.pl line 97.
> config.status: creating config.h
> ./config.status: no such file or directory: ./Makefile [686]
> etc
>
> If I run Makefile.dist first, everything runs smoothly

This is right and proper and how it should be.  KDE programmes require
this extra step.  Actually I've removed Makefile.dist so you should do
make -f Makefile.cvs now (it's the exact same thing).

> . . . until I am
> missing something to satisfy a -lfl linker flag.  Do you know what is
> missing?  I guess some KDE parts.  I'll try to fix my system.

Sounds like flex.  Current CVS should check for flex.  Hopefully a System
10 version will be available.

Let us know how you get on