[Uml-devel] Suggestions

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Tue Oct 29 08:39:02 UTC 2002

Jörg Walter <ehrlich at ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de> [021029 07:01]:
> - double-clicking an association line adds a control point instead of
>   bringing up the object properties - the latter was expected because
>   "concept" objects behave this way and even doubleclicking the text
>   of an association behaves this way.
>   Suggestion: doubleclick -> properties, Control-doubleclick -> add control
>   point

Mmh, ok I have to say it is my fault. I introduced the doubleclick-add-point
code some time ago. It was for me very clear to use because I was used to
this behaviour from another commercial tool. But, and here lies my
fault, the other tool's design method hadn't any properties to be set for an
operation. So there where never dialogs for association. I think after the
1.1 release is out, I will think over it again and try to find a better way
for the problem.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://uml.sourceforge.net/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954