[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-629551 ] Inconsistent code generation

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Mon Oct 28 13:35:02 UTC 2002

On Monday 28 October 2002 22:45, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> If I understand it right, the user whiches that association in other
> diagrams then the current are also used to generate code. I think this is a
> little bit complicated, because what should umbrello do if the diagrams are
> not consistent. So maybe in one diagram class A is a generation of B and in
> another one diagram it is the other way around. What diagram should be
> used? I think in the future Umbrello must check syntax, but now it is

this is the way it always should have been. I dont know why Paul and co.
implemented associations as part of the diagram, but this was a design flaw.
Associations are part of the Model.
A Diagram is only a "view" on that model, and the associations you see in the
diagram should only reflect the associations in your model. if you have a
class A which inherits from class B in your model, then you have the option
to show this in the class diagram or not (maybe in your class diagram you
have only class A but you decide to leave class B out) but this does not
change anything in your model.
You cannot have a diagram with class B inheritng from class A  (well... now
you can, but this is obviously wrong=)

luis.