[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-629551 ] Inconsistent code generation

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Mon Oct 28 12:54:02 UTC 2002

noreply at sourceforge.net <noreply at sourceforge.net> [021028 18:25]:
> Initial Comment:
> Actual code generation (v 1.1) depends of the displayed class diagram.
> With several class diagrams, each describing some set of associations, the
> generated code is not consistent depending of the class diagram displayed;
> it may contain or not generalizatoins, aggregations, and all these; only
> the displayed ones.

If I understand it right, the user whiches that association in other
diagrams then the current are also used to generate code. I think this is a
little bit complicated, because what should umbrello do if the diagrams are
not consistent. So maybe in one diagram class A is a generation of B and in
another one diagram it is the other way around. What diagram should be used?
I think in the future Umbrello must check syntax, but now it is impossible.
Oh yes, it should be possible to turn of syntax check as well!  So we must
make sure, that the generated code is correct for the current selected
diagram. Maybe we must note this in the code wizard.

So should I reject the report and add a feature request for syntax checking?

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://uml.sourceforge.net/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954