[Uml-devel] Q: using ccache?

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Thu Oct 24 22:59:02 UTC 2002

Heiko Nardmann <h.nardmann at secunet.de> [021025 07:54]:
> I yesterday tried to use ccache to fasten compilation of umbrello. This
> failed because the definition of CXX='ccache g++' lead to libtool thinking
> that g++ is one file to link with while linking the code generators
> library.

You can also test the compiler cache. See google or freshmeat...

> ccache g++ -shared -nostdlib /usr/lib/crti.o

I think some kinds of '' are needed.

> But maybe you have another way to keep the CVS sources compilation up to
> date.
> Currently I copy the whole CVS source tree to another place and do a complete
> recompilation. That is normally to much work than what would be necessary. In
> most cases it would suffice to copy the changed source files of the CVS tree
> to the old copy and then start compilation. Is there a simple way to have CVS
> tree and compilation tree in sync this way?

I check out the code and compile it again. Only the parts new in CVS need a
recompile. But sometimes, if makefiles changed, a complete recompile is
necessary.

http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,
Wanderstaat Mauma, Raumschiff USS Nathan, Enemy Room, MLCAD Tutorial