[Uml-devel] Buildsystem broken

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Thu Oct 24 11:53:11 UTC 2002

Jens Krüger <jkrueger1 at users.sourceforge.net> [021024 20:08]:
> I've tested:
> autoconf 2.53
> automake 1.6.3
> libtool 1.4.2 | 1.4.3

I upgrade and yes, the warning disappeared. But the error is still there.
What is automake 1.7? Is it a test release or is it stable?

What can be wrong as well? Is there anything else to upgrade?

Ok, I found a way to get around the problem. I removed the following line
from configure.in.in:

AC_OUTPUT(uml.spec Makefile uml/Makefile doc/Makefile doc/en/Makefile
po/Makefile uml/classparser/Makefile uml/clipboard/Makefile
uml/dialogs/Makefile uml/pics/Makefile doc/en/pics/Makefile
uml/codegenerators/Makefile uml/headings/Makefile )

Are they really necessary? I mean shouldn't the autotools find these things
by themselves? On my system they does. Ok, I know autotools are really ugly.

http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,
Wanderstaat Mauma, Raumschiff USS Nathan, Enemy Room, MLCAD Tutorial