[Uml-devel] Some compiler warnings

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 23 11:16:04 UTC 2002

Sebastian Stein wrote:

>P. Fleury <fleury at users.sourceforge.net> [021023 07:04]:
>
>>>-Wcast-align -Wconversion -fno-builtin -g -O2 -fno-exceptions
>>>

>                                             ^^^^
>
>>Do you get these warnings also when compiling without the -O2 flag ?
>>

>I don't know, how do I remove this flag? What parameter do I have to add to
>configure?

Go into the same dir, and cut/paste the full command-line printed by
make. Just edit the -O2 out.
If the warning vanishes, it's due to the optimization, otherwise, it's
due to them being used unitialized.
Typical is "declaration - conditional statement with var initialization
within - use of var outside of conditional".
There are some paths through the code which lead to a use of
uninitialized var.
-Pascal