[Uml-devel] Todo for stable release

Jens Krüger jkrueger1 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 23 02:32:03 UTC 2002

Am Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2002 21:17 schrieb Sebastian Stein:
> Jens Krüger <jkrueger1 at users.sourceforge.net> [021022 17:57]:
> > So I work very hard this weekend to understand a little bit more the
> > mechanism of the cut and paste in umbrello. I found a solution for the
> > tree which will be presented in the attached patch. I ask you for testing
> > this feature and report all bugs. It is not clear on what item what menu
> > items are useful.  For the first it seems so, that the cut and copy menu
> > item on a class makes no sense because in the current list you cannot add
> > the class with the same name, but if you open a second application with
> > an other open file for example it makes sense. Please have a look at this
> > patch with respect of the text above.
>
> Ok, I have tested it and it compiles fine.

I was a little bit surprised when I read that the konquerer does remove the
entry after an paste operation. I thought if I cut an element it will be
removed from the user interface and after paste I see it again on the new
place. The most of application remove the selection if the cut command is
executed.

> Cut: It is not good to remove the cutted object after the cut command. It
> should only be removed after the pasting. This is the normal behaviour like
> in every file manager. If you cut a file in Konqueror it will be removed
> after you paste the file somewhere else.

Sorry Sebastian, but I did not understand what you mean? Should umbrello
select the pasted item in the list?

> Paste: Is it possible to scroll the tree to the position of the pasted
> element? Because I want to see that I really pasted it.

I too.

> I really was impressed that copy, cut & paste worked between 2 different
> Umbrello sessions!

I am working on this, I thing tonight it will be fixed.

> Segfault: Copy maybe an operation from class A and paste it into B. Now do
> paste again and the app will crash.

Ooooohhhhh, uuuuuuhhhhh, what I nice wish. I think this is very difficult to
implement or let's better say it is difficult to find out what  we have to
do. I think one has to pay attention to a lot of things. If you sure, what
one has to do, please create a state and activity diagram, and then should it
possible to implement in some time.

> I think if nothing is in the clipboard, paste shouldn't be avaible. Maybe
> we should also disable pasting if the element in the clipboard couldn't be
> pasted at this position. (paste usecase diagram to class or something like
> this)

<snip>

Regards

Jens