[Uml-devel] [ uml-Feature Requests-625879 ] Integration with KlassModeller

Heiko Nardmann h.nardmann at secunet.de
Mon Oct 21 02:19:01 UTC 2002

On Sonntag, 20. Oktober 2002 13:20, noreply at sourceforge.net wrote:
> Feature Requests item #625879, was opened at 2002-10-20 04:20
> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=382954&aid=625879&group_i
>d=24919
>
> Category: Code generation
> Group: None
>
> Initial Comment:
> see http://www.jameswells.net/KlassModeler/. Nice tool
> for code generation (DCOP?).

I just looked at the list of features given on the projects homepage:
- - author not interested in most of UML but only documenting of classes
- - it generates code.
=> so does umbrello.
- - it reads existing C++ header files.
=> is umbrello capable of this? I found a directory class parser without
knowing whether this is for a specific language or just for XMI.
- - HTML Documentation.
=> umbrello creates kdoc/doc++ style files.
- - support for Qt type things (Q_OBJECT, signals, slots).
=> what about a global setting in umbrello to make this available, too? A
checkbox which when activated makes it possible to let a class be declared as
Q_OBJECT and an operation be declared as either signal or slot (can it be
both?). Is there something inside UML which models things like signals and
slots?
- - inline code.
=> I am not sure whether this makes sense in an UML tool.
- - improved inheritance. Before the only way to inherit from a class was to
have the parent class in your model. Now you can specify parent classes
without having to put them on screen. The Class dialog box has a new
Inheritence scroll box where you can add any parents you want.
=> This means that we have an incomplete model.
- - multiple classes per header file. It can now read in a header file with a
bunch of classes in it, and it can spit out header files with a bunch of
classes in them. Very handy for organizing similar classes.
=> not a very important feature for umbrello IMHO

- --
Heiko Nardmann (Dipl.-Ing.), h.nardmann at secunet.de, Software Development
secunet Security Networks AG - Sicherheit in Netzwerken (www.secunet.de),
Weidenauer Str. 223-225, D-57076 Siegen
Tel. : +49 271 48950-13, Fax  : +49 271 48950-50