[Uml-devel] bug in rpm fixed?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Oct 20 15:30:03 UTC 2002

> >    uml did not start because library libcodegenerator.so.0
> >   was not found
> > solution:
> >   creating the following link in opt/kde3/lib solved the
> >   problem:
> >   libcodegenerator.so.0 -> libcodegenerator.so.0.0.0
>
> who is making the SuSE rpms? is this fixed in the spec file?
> I am also runing SuSE (8.0) so I could help building the rpms if
> there is need of this (altough I've never built an rpm, so I would need
> some help there)

I make the SuSE RPMs.  It's fixed by using the spec file in the repository
rather than using the one I made up myself.

There's an RPM howto which is not very good and out of date but better
than nothing.

Put the spec file in /usr/src/packages/SPEC
put the sources in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES
emacs uml.spec  and add your name, check the --prefix directory and to
appease GCC on the tokenizer.cc file add
export CXXFLAGS=-O0  before the configure.

then rpm -ba uml.spec

It might complain about a wrong file name on the sources, so correct that.
It might also want a .gz source and you might have a .bz2 source so
correct that.

Sit and wait.

Hopefully and RPM will appear in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/i386