[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-625050 ] rpm on mandrake 9 problems

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 17 22:26:02 UTC 2002

Bugs item #625050, was opened at 2002-10-17 22:25
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=382951&aid=625050&group_id=24919

Category: Interface
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I followed the online installation instructions for installing
the rpm, uml-1.1-beta1-mdk90.i586.rpm:

"RPM Package
To install from the RPM package, as root enter the
following command.

% rpm -Uvh uml-1.0-i386.rpm

You may need to run ldconfig after installing the
programme

% ldconfig "

a file, uml.desktop, was created
in /usr/share/applnk/Development, but no menu entry for
the program. I don't know how to use this file in the KDE
menu config - any tips would be appreciated.

In any event, simply running uml from the /usr/bin
directory gives an error message:
"Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0"

The application comes up, and seems to work, however.

Should I worry about the Xlib error message?

thank you