[Uml-devel] [ uml-Feature Requests-624851 ] popupmenu actions avaible over normal ui

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Oct 17 14:59:02 UTC 2002

On Thursday 17 October 2002 21:52, noreply at sourceforge.net wrote:

> Initial Comment:
> A lot of users are not aware of popup menus and they
> never use their right mouse button. So all actions
> within a popup menu must be avaible over the normal gui
> maybe in a toolbar or somewhere else. Popup menus are
> good for experienced users.

actually, good UI design says that *all* actions in a program must be
available via the application menu.
Toolbars are just shortcuts for the most used functions, and pop up menus are
nice to provide quick, context-sensitive actions... but they all should also
be accesible trough the menu.... hadnt notice this ( I always right-click on
everything), but he's right about this.
luis