[Uml-devel] user story

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Oct 15 15:30:07 UTC 2002

> Do you have a URL for that uml standard document?  So were looking at the
> same thing.

www.omg.org

there you will find the full spec of UML, XMI, and other interesting stuff...
(while you are there you might want to check if the new specification has been
released already)
I also have the document in my computer...  I will put it in SF tomorrow and
make a link from the web page. (unles you have something against it)

> > anyway, there's ways to introduce new elements into the UML metamodel
> > without building any new code. stereotypes, as we know, are one of those.
> > in the UML etc etc, useful stuff on stereotypes

You can add stereotypes, and much more.. since everything is class-based (OO)
you only have to define a new stereotype as a sub-class of one other and the
program should be able to handel it.
The same for other widgets / classes..  UML is extendible,
the only problem is that the current tools (including rational and visio) do
not support the full capabilitis of uml.