[Uml-devel] Future features

tomas.walch at se.transport.bombardier.com tomas.walch at se.transport.bombardier.com
Tue Oct 15 02:16:03 UTC 2002

>From Jonathan:
>Do other tools really use multiple files?

No, not all do, and the ones that don't suffer from the same disadvantage.

>Certainly a possibility for a future release.  I'd suspect it would be an
>option to save to either a directory (multiple files) or a single zip
>file.

Satisfies everyone...

>It does use a multiple document interface.

But to really make use of it I think the central widget should be a QWorkspace,
so it really looks MDI as well.

>Dockwindows are something I'd
>like to see too and I like your idea of more stuff going in the
>documentation panel (you might want to add it to the tracker:).

Me and the tracker will have a rendez-vous.

>From Steinchen:
>The project should be stored in a database and not in some ordinary files. I
>allready thought a little bit about it, but I realized, that at the moment
>(in the next 6 month) I don't have the time to start anything on it.

This would be a mistake. Files go in and out of CM tools but how do you put a
database into CVS? I think it is important that you can use the same CM tool
throughout the lifespan of a project. I realize the benefits of using a
database, but think that's a question for a CM tool.

/Tomas Walch.