[Uml-devel] Re: What is #warning?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Oct 1 11:15:55 UTC 2002

> I introduced this warning because I wasn't sure about the implementation of
> the following code
>
> bool UMLDoc::activateView ( int viewID ) {
>         bool status = true;
>         for(UMLView *v = viewsNotActivated.first(); v; v =
> viewsNotActivated.next() )
>                 if ( v->getID() == viewID) {
>                         status = v->ActivateAfterSerialize();
>                         viewsNotActivated.remove();
>                         return status;
>                 }
> #warning this makes no sense ?
>         return status;
> }
>
> the loading variable is allways set to false in case of a return.
> I set this warning only for remembering to solve this question. If you are
> sure that the implementation is correct you can remove this warning.

Well I think that no matter where it returns from it will always be the
case that the document is no long loading.

I don't know if it's technicly possible to alter the diagram in the middle
of this method (which this variable should stop).  I think it might be, in
which case the code is worth keeping.