[Uml-devel] what needs to be done before 1.1?

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Sat Nov 30 07:25:06 UTC 2002

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [021130 15:46]:
> What needs to be done before 1.1?
>
> I'm hoping the answer this time is nothing except the translation of the
> documentation.
>
> Who's to be the first to prove me wrong?

The documentation would need a little bit longer, because I'm still not sure
how to do it. Because now KDE stores the doc in xml and not docbook (xml is
stricter than docbook, but both are of course sgml).

The benefit is, that the documentation would be splitted into msgstrings
like with the gui. Each paragraph or listitem gets an msgstring. That's very
cool, because as a translator you can see what has changed within kbabel and
you don't have to retranslate or check everything.

At the moment I was able to transform the documentation into xml and to a
pot file. It is also possible to translate it into a languagre (e.g. de.po)
and to extract from the po files the xml stuff again.

But I wasn't able to figure out how to install these *.xml files. They get
copied to the kde doc directory, but khelpcenter doesn't load the handbook.
It just isn't aware of the xml files. So I'm now contacting the German KDE
translators over their mailing lists so maybe they can help me a little bit
more.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://uml.sourceforge.net/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954