[Uml-devel] bug

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Fri Nov 29 00:26:02 UTC 2002

Am Donnerstag, 28. November 2002 22:43 schrieb Luis De la Parra Blum:

> > saves only two elements. I guess this diagramm comes from the early UML
> > specification (1.0 or 1.1)

I did not find anything in the spec that multiple associations from/to
activities are __not__ allowed. (Part 10 "Activity Diagrams" of Chapter 3
"UML Notation Guide" of the UML spec version 1.4)

> do the specs mention the branch/merge at all??  I know the fork/join is
> included (for concurrent activities) but (as far as I know) the only thing
> it says about multiple outgoing transitions is that if there is more than
> one outgoing transitions, then they MUST be differentiated by conditions.

You are right and I suggest to forbid (or not allow as you want) multiple
associations from/to states. The user should use elements for branch/merge
and fork/join to show what are her/his ideas.