[Uml-devel] new screen shots

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Nov 27 14:18:01 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 23:02, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> Everybody's file are made with 644 permissions, just need to change them
> manaually I think.

or set your umask before creating them...

> That would be the extranious stuff.  I couldn't edit your files but I
> could rename the directory then copy them to a new directory with the old
> name!  They'll want deleteing now.

of course... you did not have write access to the files, but you did to the
directory so you could rename/delete them, or "steal" them
mv file file-luis
cp file-luis file
# now file and file-luis are the same, but you own file, so you can edit it
rm file-luis

> Yes, that's an option, but I prefer to use nice modern HTML and not
> horrible kludgy old HTML.  The drawback being, as you say, that I havn't
> worked out how to do it in nice modern HTML.

well... my html knowlede ionly goes to the basics, but all the pages I've seen
which use some kind of "shared borders" use either frames, or include files
in a table.
no idea if the same effect is possible at all with xhtml... rembember html was
supposed to give format to the documents, not to control their visual
representation, and most of what's out there is really an abuse of html, but
hey.... if you want it to look nice that's the price for it

luis