[Uml-devel] Before releasing umbrello 1.1...

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Nov 25 08:13:09 UTC 2002

On Thursday 21 November 2002 1:08 pm, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> P. Fleury <fleury at users.sourceforge.net> [021121 18:08]:
> > - should the project be registered under its new name on SF ? like
> > umbrello.sourceforge.net, along with new mailing list names for users ?
>
> No, this would maybe mean to loose the whole tracker system and the CVS
> tree. Please don't do it, it is the history of this project.

yeah, but there are some versioning issues. it might actually be worthwhile to
take the umbrello name for sourceforge and start from scratch. the
theoretical organization of the redesign is completely (way, way, way)
different than that of the original and combining those into a single tracker
might lead to alot of confusion on the developer part.

although, if we really wanted, we could probably get the nice guys at sf to
copy the uml database to the umbrello database.

anyway, if all the versions get their own project page, then umbrello.org
could be used as the master index for the project. for older versions see
uml.sf.net. for the new versions, see umbrello.sf.net - or something like
that.

andy