[Uml-devel] Re: [Uml-user] Methods Without Homes

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Nov 19 04:14:03 UTC 2002

> I'm trying to reverse engineer my first script. It's written in Python and
> utilizes both OOP and AOP (written for Zope in ZPatterns). The Python
> scripts have classes, of course, but also have methods outside of the
> classes, one of which is key to the entire s/w. How do I incorporate these
> into an UML class diagram? Do I treat the orphaned methods as if they were
> classes in their own right?

UML is for object orientated programming and doesn't really allow for
non-object orientated stuff.  You can either change your programme to be
fully object orientated or at least make the non-OO bits static methods
and attributes (probably not an option), or just lie a bit and put the
non-object orientated bits in a UML class (or classes) as static
methods and attributes.