[Uml-devel] Re: [Uml-user] (forw) Compiling Umbrello

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Nov 15 09:06:06 UTC 2002

> > Are you trying to use the SuSE 8.1 RPM on Debian?  I wouldn't expect that
> > to work.
>
> Ah yes, you're right! I always get that confused...
>
> ...however, I still get a similar problem. This time it says
> 'libkhtml-gcc2.96.so.4 ... No such file or directory'. Do you know what
> package this might be found in?

Are you still trying to use an RPM for another distribution on Debian?  I
wouldn't bother, it's not going to happen.

www.debian.org/distrib/packages lets you search for files.

> OK, I shall do. I would have hope they had been fixed since the release of
> woody though. I use the testing branch, which does get regularly updated.

Well KDE 3 isn't in testing last I checked and it won't work with KDE 2.

> > I have
> > libpng2_1.0.12-3.woody.2_i386.deb installed if that's any help.
>
> Unfortunately not - I simply can't install libpng and libpng2 at the same
> time (libpng is required for kdelibs-dev (or was it qt3libs-dev), apparantly)

So what requires libpng2?  Just use libpng if nothing.