[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-636838 ] Generalization of Actors

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Nov 12 12:44:03 UTC 2002

> Bugs item #636838, was opened at 2002-11-11 22:59
>
> Generalizations of actors is an important part of use
> cases - am I missing something,  or should this work?

I just added the rule to allow generalization of actors, but when I tested the
old program before applying my changes (to see if if the problem was solved)
I got the surprise that the generalizations were already working..

I dont know why, since I dont see any rule to allos this (there is a rule to
allow "association", but not explicitly "generalization" ...maybe thats
enough.
did somebody change this recently? maybe the user who reported this was using
and old version...

please test, if you can generalize actors as well (in use case diagrams) I
will revert my changes (ie, dont fix something that aint broken)

luis.

ps - if it works for you as well, then we should close the bug... if it
doesnt, let me know so that I commit my sources.