[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-633607 ] associations to same class cross

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Mon Nov 11 22:17:02 UTC 2002

P. Fleury <fleury at users.sourceforge.net> [021112 07:06]:
> I just rebuilt the full Umbrello from CVS (2001/11/12) but the line
> crossing still occurs.
> I have tried to look at the code, but the way the association end-points
> are computed is spread all over the place, and I did not get how it
> actually computes these. The behavior now seems to be slightly improved,
> but crossing still occurs.
>
> I also understand that this is a non-trivial algorithm, as moving an
> object may change the location of arrows not only on the moved object,
> but also on the objects which are linked. This, in turn, may displace
> another link on that object, having further consequences on other
> association links which are now unrelated to the moving object. However,
> the impact is decreasing with each level.
>
> I had actually filed the bug on the tracker, because I figured out that
> this bug would be non-trivial, and would go on for a while. Hence, the
> tracking...

Sorry, I noted the wrong bug number. I have fixed the thing with image
export that there some lines where missing. I thought I was talking about
bug #633369:

> Create a class and create an association to itself.  Then move it so it is
> entirely below the object instead the default above. If you add some more
> stuff, it is possible that the row of pixels is missing. But in this
> simple case, just a class and a self-association, the exported area is
> just the class! No association...

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://uml.sourceforge.net/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954