[Uml-devel] more insanity

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Mon Nov 11 16:15:02 UTC 2002

> I think we first should get out 1.1 and then start with the redesign. But
> it is ok to talk about the new design, because it is allways good to have
> an analyses before coding ;-)

yeah... I also think if we dont get 1.1 out and start with the redesign, we
are never gonna get a 1.1 released.
I wrote some documentation for the code generator, but could not find a way to
insert png pictures in LyX, so I think I will export to docbook now and
continue editing there (Quanta)

LyX is definetly a great tool and if I ever go for a masters or a doctor
degree (or if I ever decide to switch profession and become a writter) this
is what Im going to use....but for Umbrellos doc I think its easier to just
write docBook directly --at least for now--

hehe... I remember when I was in university how I used to write most of my
papers with MS Word.... how did I hate it!. you were almost done, the night
before the deadline when you realized you were missing a clossing point in
one of the paragraphs, and when you typed it: booomm, the format of all the
pages from that point on was fucked up and you had to stay up all night
trying to give format to the pages again... specially hated the pictures that
just would not stay there where  I would put them.
but those times are gone... now we have KWord, that, altough does not have all
the features MS Word has, at least does not inisit on moving the images to
where it pleases but leaves them where you put them instead. man!, I really
love this "frame-oriented" thing... and as I said, if I ever have to write a
thesis, I will be using LyX for that.

ok... I'm starting the nonsense again, so I better go now. =)

luis