[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-633607 ] associations to same class cross

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Mon Nov 11 14:36:05 UTC 2002

noreply at sourceforge.net <noreply at sourceforge.net> [021105 07:04]:
> Bugs item #633607, was opened at 2002-11-05 11:54
> Initial Comment:
> When there are multiple associations to a
> class/state/object, the arrows cross each other as
> their ordering along the obrder of the object are not
> relative to their origin.
> In some cases, diagrams get hard to read. Attached file
> shows two samples of the unnecessary crossing, made on
> RedHat 7.3 with CVS from 2002/11/05 code.

I fixed the bug. The problem was, that the function getDiagrammRect() didn't
looked at associations to find a rect around all objects. I added a function
to class AssociationWidget to return a rectangle around one association.

I also liked to take the line's width into calculation. So I'm using the
width of the association's pen. Unfortunally this allways returns a width of
0. So I have decided that a line must be at least 1 pixel in width.

Please give it a try and maybe you can solve the problem with the pen/line
width.

Steinchen

PS to Joerg Walter: Could you please test the code as well, because you
submitted the bug report. Unfortunally you would have to compile Umbrello by
yourself. Get the code from CVS.

PS to all: I've closed bug report #626966 (moving all objects), because no
one stood up to fight against my submitted code ;-)
--
Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation