[Uml-devel] Re: Umbrello design

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Fri Nov 8 07:32:14 UTC 2002

> 01-08-09.dtd = MOF Model in DTD

this isn't the model *in* DTD. it's the DTD - validation schema - for the
Model namespace. theoretically, we should validate metamodel documents (xmi
docs containing model namespace elements) against this.

> I had least problems reading the DTD so I did a rewrite of the structure
> inside the DTD file; the output is a bison grammar description - still
> incomplete although (no attention given to DTD ATTR handling).
>
> The file is attached. Maybe someone can use it for any purpose.

i think the semantics of the language are too different... DTD describes the
contents of xml elements while bison grammar specifies grammar productions.
what would be interesting is to take that specification, and see if you can't
get it to work for the meta object description language (MODL).

andy