[Uml-devel] Q: lines, associations ?

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Nov 7 05:09:03 UTC 2002

> first question: how do I join multiple lines (in my case generalizations)
> to one?

this feature is not implemented.. and with the current implementation of
Associations
this would be little less than impossible.
In reallity each class has its own association, but to simplify the drawing
they are drawn
as a single line (like a "Association Bus" if you know about electronics)

> second question: how do I generate an association from a class to itself?

I am not at home now, so I cannot test this, but I guess its not possible in
Umbrello...
I think you're gonna get a "incorrect use of associations" message, altough
it should
be valid, for example, to create compoistes.

> third question: how do I draw generalizations not as a direct line but
> using
> multiple parts connected using 90 degree corners?

if you double click on the association you get an "anchor point" which you
can move around
to make the line bend and give any shape you want...
right now you cannot tell Umbrello to draw the lines with "90 degrees"
corners.. you have to
do it yourslef (ie, move the anchor points untill you get a nice 90 degrees
corner)

-->if you want to remove the anchor points double click on them.

luis