[Uml-devel] Re: Umbrello design (was UML XML tree viewer)

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Thu Nov 7 00:54:05 UTC 2002

On Thursday 07 November 2002 3:02 am, Heiko Nardmann wrote:
> > So we need a codegen library which generates the libMOFB? Is there a
> > computer parsable representation of MOF?

yes. actually, the code generator is specific for the Model namespace so it
will work for generating both the MOF implementation and the UML
implementation.

> > Is this the DTD file
> > 01-08-09.dtd at omg.org? Does someone know whether such an MOF parser
> > exists which may generate src for us? Or do we have to start with a DTD
> > parser?

no. the DTDs are used to help validate the XMI files. we don't need to parse
those. we should just be able to give them to the Qt DOM implementation and
have it validate for us.

> Is the information in the XML file 01-10-05.xml the same as in the DTD file
> so that we can use QtDom as a starting point resp. as a implementation base
> for libMOFB ?

no. the xml files are actually XMI files. the DTDs are used to validate the
correctness of XMI files. actually, for the most part, we can safely ignore
the DTD files. but we can we QtDom as a starting point for implementing
libXMI and the reader interfaces.

andy