[Uml-devel] UML XML tree viewer

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Mon Nov 4 22:54:02 UTC 2002

Andrew Sutton <ansutton at kent.edu> [021105 07:04]:
> performance:
>
> i assume you mean performance of the XMI loader and not the end application.

Yes!

> there's really two general operations: walking the dom tree and operations on
> a "document stack". you have to recursively walk the DOM tree to get the
> elements in the document. for each element, you can look at the namespace/tag
> name and figure out what is responsible for implementing the semantics of the
> element.

Ok, thats true. So maybe this wouldn't be problem.

> theoretical complexity:
>
> i'm not really sure what you mean here. if you mean a theoretically complex
> design then you may be right - to an extent.

Yes, it is hard to understand the terms metamodel and libary and so. It gets
more difficult because English isn't my mother tongue. So reading a
specification for mof is like reading German laws. But to understand the
design I have to understand the basics of mof. So I think here is a big wall
for someone to get into the code. But ok, I like to learn new things and so
it would be ok.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://uml.sourceforge.net/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954