[Uml-devel] Suggestions

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Fri Nov 1 02:06:02 UTC 2002

Jörg Walter <ehrlich at ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de> [021101 10:37]:
> In 1.1beta2 there are no buttons for "Add" etc. - if there are now, all is
> fine.

Yes, they are in now!

> > > - in-place editing of labels would be cool - doubleclick and edit
> > > in-place
> >
> > Anyone know if this might be possible?  I suspect it would be very
> > difficult with a QCanvasItem.
>
> Shouldn't it work if you just slap a absolutely positioned QLineEdit at that
> place? I think it should just appear. Scrolling must be handled manually, of
> course.

But that would mean a lot of work. I think really don't like the idea. But
we will see.

> Bugs:
>
> - PNG export is off-by-one, last row of pixels is missing (try saving just a
>   class with no other elements below it)

I can't see this bug. I added only one class to a diagram and exported the
diagram as picture. In the png there are no pixels missing. So maybe I
misunderstood the problem...

> - Propertied of diagrams are only available via the context menu. This can be
>   a nice shortcut, but is annoying for the new user trying to get an overview
>   of the possibilities.

We have this point allready in the feature tracker. I think you will have to
load the current CVS version to see if we really fixed all points or if
there are still some contexts menus missing.

> - Diagram properties are too local - if I turn on show grid and snap grid, it
>   is reasonable to assume that I want them in new diagrams as well.

Good point, please submit it to the feature tracker (see sig) in category
interface improvements.

> - Label positioning flaky - after loading, they are back at whatever position
>   umbrello chose for them instead of where they might have been dragged. The
>   default position just won't fit always.

I thought this was allready fixed? ;-)

> - Association starts/ends again: it is difficult to order association lines
>   the way you want when you have several ones on a side. Currently, the only
>   dependable way is to delete and recreate them left-to-right.

Please submit it to the feature tracker!

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://uml.sourceforge.net/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954