[Uml-devel] changes and questions

Gustavo Madrigal linux_news at nextphere.com
Mon May 6 19:19:02 UTC 2002

I just read the cvs log from your last change.

It says you changed mylistview.cpp to use single selection, but this will
eliminate the posibility to select several items in the listview and then
copy them to another uml instance or maybe in the same instance.

The current clipboard has 5 diferent copy&paste options:

1-Copy one or several empty folders from the listview.
2-Copy one or more folders with use cases, actors, etc from the listview.
3-Copy a mix of folder, actors, use cases, etc and diagrams from the
listview.
4-Copy a selection of widgets from a diagram.
5-Copy a selection of class attributes from the listview.

Also With multiple selection enabled its posible to drag more than one
umlobject from the listview into a diagram and then organize them as desired.

This features where working before my *Widget-*WidgetData spliting, so I need
to verify its currently working OK.

I know multiple selection produces some strange behavior when opening a
listview item with children or when adding a new item (several other items
get selected) but these and other errors can be fixed in order to have a nice
and very helpful copy&paste scheme.

Could you please change the selection scheme back to multiple selection?

On Monday 06 May 2002 18:35, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Made various small changes the most eye-candy of which is making use cases
> appear with the text inside the circles rather than underneith (which is
> how I've always seen them).
>
> Does anyone know the logic behind a watning saying Possible Incompatible
> Association when making an association between an actor and a use case?
> (Done by paza in version 1.4, widgetassociationcontainer.cpp)
>
> uml/Makefile.am talks about a file called uml_meta_unload.cpp, does anyone
> know why?
>
> Finally, I'm a little confused about the refactoring separating the data
> and display.  As wall as (say) usecase.cpp and usecasewidget.cpp there is
> now usecasewidgetdata.cpp as well.  But surely the data was previously i
> usecase.cpp and display was in usecasewidget.cpp so what is the extra
> class for?
>
> Thanks, Jonathan Riddell

> 1 Allanvale Road   |   jr at jriddell.org
> Bridge of Allan    |   http://www.jriddell.org
> FK9 4NU Scotland   |   01786833048

P. Eng. Gustavo Madrigal
Technology Research Department Manager
Nextphere Corp.
	Are you ready for the Next Business Sphere?
http://www.nextphere.com
Cel: (506) 397-7640