[Uml-devel] Crash on loading files

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Jun 12 15:26:06 UTC 2002

Hello!

I just found UML Modeller today and downloaded it to check it out.
first of all congrats!, it looks really nice already but since I believe in
continuous improvement (do you say that in english??), here a couple of bugs
so you dont get bored on the weekend =)

(I´m using CVS from 12.06.2002, on a SuSE 80 box, with kde 3.0)
1 - link error:
   there are some linking errors when building the sources, but you only have
to add "settingsdlg.h" and "settingsdlg.cpp" to the project in kdevelop and
then it works (the files are there, but they are not registered in the
project and somehow that afects the building)

2. a more serious one..., uml crashes when trying to load a file... and it´s
not much fun not being able to load anything.
The problem is in conceptwidget.cpp, the crash occurs in calculateSize()
because m_pObject is null.

if you do a "if(m_pObject)" before each "((Concept*)m_pObject)->xxxxxx()" then
at least it doesnt crash, but you dont see the diagrams either. (just made
one test with one class diagram and 2 Concepts with 1 Attr)....
Of course that doesnt solve the problem, it just prevents it from crashing on
the loading but I dont know why the UMLWidget constructor sets m_pObject to
null, which is really the problem, I think...

i guess you must be very busy as well, but i hope someone finds a little time
to check it out.
any comments, please reply direct or CC me cuz I´m not in the list.

Regards,

Luis.

ps. Is anyone already working on Code generation??? if not, please let me
know...
 who knows, maybe someday I´ll get a little bit free time and can give it a
try.