[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-649973 ] Operation Properties Dialog - Type field

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 7 01:22:04 UTC 2002

Bugs item #649973, was opened at 2002-12-07 01:21
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=382951&aid=649973&group_id=24919

Category: Interface
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If you right-click on a class in the Class View, you
can select  New->Operation. The Operation Properties
dialog that comes up has the following problems:

1. Type "void" is listed twice.

2. When "String", for example, is typed in, "string" is
autocompleted. Since Java is a case sensitive language,
this difference is significant. It behaves similarly
for the other types in the drop down list.

3. The types in the list do not appear to be dependent
on the selected language. "bool" is not a type in Java;
however, "boolean" is. This causes some problems at
code generation time, namely code that won't compile. I
just type boolean rather than selecting bool, but
that's just a workaround.

4. Is it possible to have types that have been typed in
for other attributes/operations/parameters to be made
available in the type list much like other classes in
the class view are made available? It is no fun typing
"java.awt.geom.Point2D.Float" in many many type fields.
And if a single import for the type could be used
instead of using the full type name everywhere in the
generated code, that would be great. Perhaps I'm just
not using all of the features available yet as I'm
still fairly new to the program.

Thanks guys,
Morgan.