[Uml-devel] mailing list / design documents

Ariya Hidayat ariya at kde.org
Fri Dec 6 04:48:02 UTC 2002

hi Luis (and all others),

Although I'm not quite understand about the underlying graphics system, but
from my limited examination of Karbon (from KOffice package), looks like what
you guys are looking for is a good rendering system, like in Karbon.

That said, in such case, probably you can make use of VPainter (look at
koffice/karbon/render), IIRC modelled after PostScript approach. Since it's
based on libart, you'll even get anti-aliased shapes for good !

I'm CC'ing this mail to Rob, one of key Karbon developer, in a hope that he'll
provide much more enlighted explanation on this stuff. I hope you don't mind,
Rob. Your time now to speak up :-)

Best regards,

Ariya

PS: Umbrello is great and I'm _really_ using it !