[Uml-devel] report

Peeter Russak pezz at tkwcy.ee
Mon Aug 5 05:16:02 UTC 2002

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> > Do you talk about gcc-3.0.x or gcc-3.1.x? There's a quite a bit of
> > difference between their quality.
>
> That was 3.0.  If you have 3.1 it would be interesting to know if the same
> != and !,== issue applies but we may as well stay compatible with
> everybody while it doesn't harm us.

As this guy from Gentoo wrote they got not very far with gcc-3.0 too
because of it's bugginess and as gcc-3.0.x versions are well known
buggy ones (except maybe 3.0.4) when compiling C++ I see no reason
to support them.
gcc-3.2 will be released within next week or two to break one more
fsckin' time binary compatibility, but as rumors say it will become
a very high quality compiler so I plan to switch to gcc3 when it's
released. I'll let you know then.
--
Peeter