[Uml-devel] UML Modeller and KDE 3

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 26 02:40:10 UTC 2002

Jonas Larsson wrote:

> Hi all. I have been evaluating a number of UML tools for linux and UML
> modeller was one of them. One thing not mentioned on the list above is
> printing support. Well, you can print your diagrams but as a bitmap,
> which looks very boxy on my laser printer. Bitmaps are not ideal for
> inclusion into documents either. For the latter operation it would be
> nice to be able to export your diagrams to cgm or svg formats.

Maybe with KDE3 there is better printing support, and maybe easier to use ?

>When browsing to the code I wondered why there isn't an UML model
>of the program itself included in the CVS. Is there? It would aid
>developers like me learn the code and possible submit patches.

Hehe, in french we have a saying that goes along the lines: "The
shoemaker always wears the worst shoes".
Therefore, a UML tool has no UML diagram to describe itself.
Or maybe, because Kdevelop has the ability to find out the class
diagram, it is not needed :-)

--Pascal