[Uml-devel] Usability

Andrea Aime aaime at libero.it
Fri Nov 16 05:39:02 UTC 2001

> Hi,
>
> Any help would be welcomed Thomas.
>
> Andrea is right.  Next Thursday is my last exam and I will be starting to
> code again.

Hurray....

> A few notes for anyone thats interested.
>
> My monitor, burner and hdd have blown up, I think there must have been a
> power overload here.  I have a backup of the code, but I have lost all my
> e-mails.

Ouch!

> So anyone who has sent patches or suggestions, I have lost them.

Maybe I should update you. Some Kdevelop developers
asked me to stop working on reverse engineering, since
they are responsible for code completion and parsing and
they're willing to do rev. eng. themselves... well, welcome on board :-)
So, I'm available to help you on every other task if we can find some
way to coordinate ourselves... suggestions?

> Don't send anything yet as I have win XP installed at the moment.  I have
> get used to using it as I have alot of people ask me for help.
>
> I will be putting Linux back on after my last exam.
>
> The first things I will be looking at are:
>
> * Change QWidget over to QCanvas class.  Alot of programming here I think.

That's much needed. Can we share some thought about the new architecture
design? I propose some kind of discussion based on UML diagrams before
implementation.

> * Make associations global. i.e. Associations will be automatic for all
> diagrams.
>
> * Change class designs abit - yet to decide.

Uhm... what do you mean? Coding standards, different use of patterns...

> * State diagrams added.
>
> I hope this will only take a week.

I hope I will be able to help you... but if you think you can do it in a
week,
I can jump in later when code has become more stable... what do you propose?
Best regards
Andrea Aime