[Uml-devel] UML for documentation and other feature requests

Andrea Aime aaime at libero.it
Thu Nov 1 05:07:01 UTC 2001

Alle 09:47, mercoledì 31 ottobre 2001, Prisznyák, Miklós ha scritto:

Dear Miklós,

> Btw, I've just tried to do some use case diagrams with uml modeller but
> it just keeps crashing. Do you have the same experience as well?

Sorry, but I've spent a bit of time looking at UML modeller sources and
looking for ways to do reverse engineering from sources, but in fact I
haven't used the program much... I need to learn QT and KDE classes in
order to participate in uml modeller development and have very limited spare
time to spend on it...
Paul, any idea on how to debug this? Maybe some structured testing could
help in these areas (regression and unit testing based on the XUnit
framework?)

> Alas, I'd volunteer for a Hungarian po if that adds to the glamour. :-)
> Also interested in XML development since that's a technology I should
> surely pick up, but core development ,  ie. C++  "chmod 0577", at the very
> least (if not "chmod 0177"), for me. :-)

Uhm... save/load XMI format could be an extensive experience on
XML, since is has a very extensive DTD... and you won't have too much
to do on the GUI side, so you'll be able to avoid much QT learning (only
the basics and the XML modules...). But the right person to speak to about
this to is Paul...

Best regards
Andrea