IMDB

J. Allen Crider software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com
Fri Sep 30 02:29:38 BST 2022

Last week, the search results for Bonanza returned the entire series as
the first result with the year 1959.  Searching for "Bonanza (1959)"
returned episodes from the first year as well as numerous extraneous
items.  Searching for "Bonanza (1960)" returned all episodes from 1960
and various extraneous items.  Tonight, searching for "Bonanza (1961)"
returned 108 items, with the first item being the entire series, but
with 1961 instead of 1959 in Description.  None of the additional 107
items included any episodes from the series.

In the past, a search like "series name: episode title" has usually
returned at least two items, the specified episode and the entire
series.  Sometimes, it will return additional extraneous items.  I have
tried at least a half-dozen similar searches tonight, and all have
returned no items.

I also noticed today that searches for other series got the year wrong
on the entire series.  I've never noticed that happen prior to today for
any searches.  I know that it isn't possible to search by season, but
searches by year or by a specific episode have normally worked in the past.

Allen